Dedicated to the former Hotel’s most frequent guest – Alexander Graham Bell. This room was where Bell most often stayed – sometimes alone or with his wife Mabel and their maid. Bell’s famous student Hellen Keller was also a well-known travel companion. Keller was noted for swimming in front of the Hotel with her trusted Golden Retriever. This room has it’s own private bath.
Dedicated to the second owners of the building, Hazel and Clarence MacLennan. They purchased this building in 1956 and used it as a summer home, their daughter Elaine bought the property in the late 90's, and with her husband Terry, began in earnest the remarkable restoration of the old hotel. This room has it’s own private bath.
Dedicate to the original Hotel Manager – Josephine MacNeil. This room was occupied by MacNeil during her career here. She had pipes installed in her room that led directly to the kitchen – this must have been before A. G. Bell invented his telephone! This room has it’s own private bath (the only three-piece bathroom).
Dedicated to the original owner of the building – H. F. MacDougall. MacDougall was a member of the Canadian Parliament, serving under Prime Minister Sir John A. MacDonald. MacDougall grew up a few minutes down the road in a community called Christmas Island, and quickly built the Hotel after he had lobbied to have the Inter-Colonial Railway run through the Barra Strait. This room has it’s own private bath.